Profile activation and customization of webpart

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Hi!

I have two questions:

1. Do student still need activate his/her account upon first login? Do you do/plan to do any kind of customization that helps him to do that (for example popup which will fill all possible known fields (password, year of birth, location) leaving only backup email and secret question as well as confirming agreement)?
2. Can we (you) further customize appear of this webpart:
    1. To allow to see initial password (maybe some kind of pop-up)
    2. Reset Windows Live password by clicking according button on the webpart

Maybe 2.1, 2.2 must be secured with some small pin-code.

Thank you for your great work - we really like this web-part! :-)
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Hi Anton

Good questions! I'm glad you were able to get it up & running and good to hear you like it.

My answers:

1. Unfortunately yes. I will discuss this with the Live@EDU help deskk shortly and see if they can allow us to "bypass" that activation... Or prehaps pre-fill it as you've suggested.

2.1 / 2.2: I like you're second option better than the first... Maybe showing the user their password is a bit funny, but having a "password reset" feature, especially if they can choose what they want it to be, would be excellent. I'll add it to the development list.

By the way, where are you from? It would be great to have a list of Institutions using the web part.

Cheers

Brendan
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:35 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.