Live@edu SSO using Sharepoint FBA

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Hi All,

I was wondering is it possible to utilize the SSO software that you provided (which works Great, THANK YOU) with Sharepoint FBA Form Based Authentication..

My goal is to have my users log in to to sharepoint with the LIve@edu account and gain access to sharpoint with their exsiting FBA account.

BTW- do you have examples if this is done already..

Thank you,

-Mike

http://www.sharepointfba.com/

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Hi Mike

Excellent to hear from you, and thanks for your feedback! I have actually made some changes recently I need to upload which make it work a bit better as well so I'll get them up shortly.

I have not actually used any form of authentication with SharePoint other than NTLM so I'm probably not any use in helping you getting the actual authentication working, but the way that the Live@EDU web park picks up a user's address is either through their configured SharePoint e-mail account or through AD.

If you go with the SharePoint account function, then presumably the FBA you mention here, when a user first logs into sharepoint and is given access, will create their "SharePoint" user and set the e-mail address to be their live ID... if that is the case, then no changes are probably needed as far as the integration. 

Cheers

Brendan